Urgent Support Opportunities in Southern Dallas
North Texas Cares is a funder collaborative made up of North Texas foundations and United Ways that have come together to provide support for organizations that work with people and communities who may be most negatively affected by COVID-19. This includes agencies who support individuals and families with access to food and/or healthcare; supplementing lost wages and/or housing costs or serving vulnerable populations such as seniors and/or those experiencing homelessness; as well as supporting academic learning and distance learning for low-income, low-access students while schools are closed.
Participating funders are working collaboratively to collect emergency funding requests, using a common online application, in order to simplify and streamline the process for nonprofits seeking emergency funds. Funders will use a shared portal to access information submitted by nonprofits via the common grant application.
- Must be 501c3 organization
- Must provide services in the North Texas area
- Must provide services that address immediate response or long-term relief efforts in response to COVID-19
- Requests need to focus on first responders and/or support for vulnerable populations (examples could include seniors, children, homeless, low-income displaced workers, first responders, medical professionals, and those without other resources).
The urgency and deep need for help and support to low income families will continue to arise from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Connect small and mid-size nonprofits to the City of Dallas, to funders and donors, and to one another
- Agencies: find partners, referrals, and visibility
- Individuals and Families: find help and find organizations to support
The State Fair of Texas, Community Affairs office leads the project, supported by volunteer developers and marketing teams in the area.
Due diligence on the part of a donor is important. Please exercise reasonable care.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com for help.